If you are experiencing foot or heel pain then over the counter shoe inserts simply won’t be as beneficial in the long run. At ROC we know that orthoses can drastically improve a person’s quality of life. Our orthotic specialists focus on providing bespoke solutions to your individualised needs.
Our Orthotic expert, Dr Robbie Rooney, is experienced in dealing with escalated complex patients, service delivery and professional issues within the orthotic service. He is a specialist in lower limb biomechanics and orthotic provision and can offer services of musculoskeletal and biomechanical assessment.
Orthoses are custom-made or prefabricated devices used to optimize body functions and structures and help promote an individual’s participation in activities and roles. The correct fitting of these orthoses can reduce pain, increase mobility and independence and prevent more invasive and expensive interventions like surgery, amputation or the need for social care.
These devices include prescription insoles, braces, splints, callipers, footwear, spinal jackets and helmets. These services help people recover from or avoid injury, or live with lifelong conditions.
Many orthopaedic and neurological conditions can be managed by orthotic therapy, which is the use of specialist insoles or orthoses to control and manage symptoms.
What Orthotic Related Services are Available at ROC?
Our services include:
- Musculoskeletal and biomechanical assessment
- Specialist knowledge of lower limb biomechanics and orthotic provision.
- Orthotic therapy
- Specialist insoles
- Orthoses to control and manage symptoms
Why Book an Orthotic Appointment at ROC?
- Highly reputable and experienced Doctors
- Working directly with Orthopaedic surgeons, to manage a variety of foot and ankle conditions.
- Frequent, flexible appointments
- Modern, safe facilities
- Covid 19 Screening offered to all attending the clinic