London | Aberdeen
Cardiovascular Health has been at the centre of ROC Clinic’s service since its inception in 2010.
Our doctors will provide you with top advice whether
- You are looking for a routine cardiovascular assessment
- You have a cardiac or vascular related complaint
- You wish a second opinion on your statins or other recommended treatment
- You would like expert advice on lifestyle changes to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
Our clinics can provide you with same day tests, as necessary. We believe in a thorough assessment and expert advice on cardiovascular prevention, which is why at ROC we follow closely developments, recommendations and guidelines internationally.
You may choose to see one of our GPs with an interest in cardiovascular disease and integrative medicine, or you may choose to see internationally acclaimed, consultant cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra.
Preventative Cardiovascular Checks
You do not have wait until you develop signs of heart disease before seeing a doctor to discuss your cardiovascular health.
Heart disease takes years to develop and preventative measures should be implemented early on. An early cardiac check can identify your individual risk profile and our doctors can advise you on how to tackle your risk factors.
Cardiac checks are advisable at any stage in your life, but especially as you age. If you smoke, are overweight, or have additional risk factors such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or a family history of heart disease, it is highly advisable that you consider cardiac screening. Additionally, if your origins go back to South Asian communities it is recommendable to consider cardiac screening at a younger age, as heart disease can develop much earlier in these communities, often from the age of 20.
What tests are available as part of a cardiovascular assessment?
A consultation and good medical history is essential for carefully identifying all individual risks. The following tests may then be recommended:
- Detailed blood work, with lipid profile, insulin resistance and diabetes assessment
- Body Composition Analysis
- ECG and spirometry
- CT Coronary Calcium Score and CT Angiogram
- Heart MRI
- Stress and Perfusion Tests
We recommend that you bring along any prior investigations, letters or outcomes to your first appointment so that the clinician may assess your case thoroughly.
Dr Aseem Malhotra is our London-based cardiologist.
Dr Aseem Malhotra is ROC’s inhouse cardiologist. As an internationally renowned expert in the field of cardiology, your cardiovascular health will be in the best of hands.
- Are you worried about cholesterol, diet, or taking statins?
- Looking for advice on how you can lower your cardiovascular risk factors?
- Looking for an expert second opinion on treatments that have been recommended to you?
Book an appointment today for a personalised consultation.
Why Book a Cardiology Assessment at ROC?
- Rapid access
- Top, internationally recognised expertise
- One stop assessment
- Same day investigations
- Same day blood tests
- Peace of mind
- COVID-19 Screening offered to all attending the clinic