Coming soon at Aberdeen- Westhill Clinic
At ROC we know that urinary incontinence is a very common, uncomfortable and upsetting problem affecting millions of people in the UK.
Many people think that it is an inevitable part of ageing, although incontinence can be present at any age and indeed affect both sexes, not just women. There are several forms of effective treatment, and although some patients will need surgery, an initial thorough assessment is key.
Our goal is to offer the most effective solutions, ensuring patients are looked after at all times, as not all ‘incontinence’ is the same, or treated in the same way.
What is Incontinence?
Incontinence is as the unintentional passing of urine. There can be a wide variety of different causes including:
- Stress urinary incontinence (for example when you cough or laugh or exercise)
- Urge urinary incontinence (‘if you have to go, you have to go and cannot hold it’)
- Mixed urinary incontinence
- Overflow urinary incontinence
- Neurological bladder disorder
- Post-micturition dribble
- Functional urinary incontinence
If you suspect that you are suffering from incontinence or bladder issues, it is recommended to consult a doctor. Our specialists can make an in-depth diagnosis by finding out more about your symptoms and recommend treatment to improve your condition.
How is Incontinence managed at ROC?
Having a thorough initial assessment is key in order to precisely diagnose your condition.
Following an initial consultation and examination, you may require any of the following:
Except Cystoscopy, all of the above are available daily.
You may consult one of our GPs, Urology or Gynaecology specialists for your initial assessment who will then recommend what the best course of action is. Often, you may not require further investigations and you will be prescribed either medications, lifestyle changes such as pelvic floor exercises or be referred for surgery.
Why Book With ROC?
- Same Day Appointments with or without a referral letter
- Same Day Investigations and rapid turnarounds
- One-stop centre for Women’s Health needs
- Experienced and Reputable Clinicians
- Holistic and integrative approach
- Discreet and Private Service
- Non-judgemental and caring approach
- COVID-19 Screening offered to all attending the clinic