London | Aberdeen
With new consulting rooms and a state-of-the-art Imaging Department, we are now accepting patients for our new Breast Care Service
Breast cancer is the most common form in women, with one in eight being affected. The incidence of breast cancer increases dramatically over the age of 40 with 80% of women diagnosed being 45+.
Whether you have a specific concern or you wish to attend for breast health assessment, ROC is here to help. Our Breast Clinic service is provided by a team of highly experienced and dedicated professionals who are focused on delivering high quality, individualised care to our patients.
What services are available?
You can attend ROC for breast health assessment scanning, including mammography or also as part of a One-Stop clinic package. We provide;
- This is an opportunity for individuals to address any general concerns and to be examined by one of our breast care specialists, along with investigation of any abnormality detected and personalised planning for breast cancer screening.
- This is widely recognised as the main identification tool for breast cancer and is vital in the diagnosis and staging of detected cancer lesions.
- We offer state-of-the-art 3D mammography combined with the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) software to assist the radiologist in reading the images. ROC is the only private healthcare facility in the UK using Breast AI in clinical practice routinely, and all women attending the clinic will be offered a 3D mammogram.
- Breast ultrasound may be sufficient to investigate your symptoms although often it is undertaken in conjunction with a mammogram.
Breast density and personalised risk assessments
- Dense breasts make it harder for doctors to see breast cancers on 2D mammograms and increase a woman’s risk for developing breast cancer. Therefore all women attending a mammogram at ROC will have a breast density report.
Ultrasound Guided Biopsy
- If you have a breast lump, your clinician may recommend you have a biopsy to find out if the lump is benign or malignant. Following a local anaesthetic a small tissue sample will be collected using a needle (ultrasound images are used to guide the radiologist). This sample will then be analysed to determine the nature of the identified lump.
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- This specific type of biopsy may be required if a mammogram shows a breast abnormality such as:
- Microcalcifications can be seen on your mammogram, but cannot be felt or seen on an ultrasound.
- Distortion in the structure of the breast tissue that cannot be easily explained.
- Abnormal tissue change in an area of the breast.
- New calcium deposits at a previous surgery site.
- During the procedure under a local anaesthetic, one of our expert radiologists will use mammography images produced at various angles to guide a mechanised needle to remove the tissue sample.
At ROC we are delighted to be able to offer our patients the opportunity to benefit from our One-Stop Clinic service. This provides a triple assessment of any breast abnormalities including consultation and examination with one of our experienced breast surgeons, mammography or ultrasound examination, and fine needle biopsy if required. This produces a full diagnostic assessment in one appointment and reduces the time between initial investigation and diagnosis, helping to reduce anxiety for patients.
Our One Stop Clinic pathways provides you with a unique service where all consultations, tests and investigations are performed on one day.
The One Stop Clinic is supported by a full multidisciplinary team including mammographers, radiologist, surgeons, cytologist and nurses. Some results are even immediately available, such as scans and cytology. When required your case can / will be discussed at a MDT meeting supported by an Oncologist. All of this supported by state-of-the-art technology in a modern environment, with a choice of appointment dates and times to suit your requirements.
You do not need a referral from your GP or another clinician for this service.
Our One Stop Clinic is personalised to your needs and may depend on the diagnostic tests/procedures your Consultant recommends:
- Initial Assessment
- Consultation and physical examination by Consultant breast surgeon
- Either a mammogram or an ultrasound (the choice is often dependent on your age and the Consultant will advise on the day)
If the Consultant recommends additional investigations, you will continue onto one of our double/triple/quadruple assessment packages:
- Double Assessment – consultation, ultrasound and mammogram
- Triple/ Quadruple Assessment – consultation, ultrasound, mammogram, fine needle aspiration and/or biopsy
Our Breast Health Specialists
Our specialists are recruited for their reputation in providing excellent and patient-centred care. At ROC Private Clinic you can be sure that your breast concerns will be managed by experienced and highly trained doctors, often experts in their field.
The following are key Breast Clinic team members, and they are supported by a wider team of mammographers, nurses, histopathologists and oncologists and a dedicated MDT.
Dr. Daina Basko – Consultant Radiologist
Miss Beatrix Elsberger – Consultant Breast Surgeon
Mr Emad Elseedawy – Consultant Breast Surgeon
Mr Yazan Masannat – Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
Mr Ravi Sharma – Consultant Clinical Oncologist
How do you book an appointment?
You can access our One Stop Breast Clinic service without a doctor’s referral. To book, fill in the form, call us on
01224 515 254 or email email@example.com
For tests or investigations, you may be referred by your own doctor, or you may consult one of our specialist breast surgeons first. You have the option to use private medical insurance for the service, or pay for yourself. If you intend to use your insurance, please do check with your individual provider on any authorisations needed.
Why choose the ROC Breast Clinic?
At ROC we are committed to providing individualised, patient focused care. Highly skilled and experienced specialists combined with state-of-the-art equipment allow us to provide our patients with expert advice and guidance on all possible treatment and management options for their needs.
- Safe and supportive environment
- Highly accurate diagnostic facilities
- 3D Mammography and breast density reporting
- Personalised risk assessments
- ROC is the only private healthcare facility in UK routinely incorporating Breast AI Reporting into clinical practice
- ROC makes 3D mammography and breast density routinely available to all women attending the clinic
- COVID-19 Screening offered to all attending the clinic